I’ve been told to “blog” on our way out west, so here I go.
This morning Oli and I left Bracebridge and started North and West towards our final destination in BC. It’s been a crazy busy week getting everything packed up and ready to go, practicing as much as we could, making a plan…
The venues we have were hard to find and book, but luckily promo opportunities came easily. So far I’ve had a radio interview for the Marathon station, an article in a Fernie newspaper and response from radio stations in Thunder Bay that will promote our show. In other towns we have friends, and in Regina we’re playing at a giant staff Christmas party, so we don’t have to worry about an audience.
Leaving was a little bit difficult this morning, but we’ve know our departure date for a while now, so I had time to mentally prepare. No tears… yet. I had tears about it about a month ago when the venue commitments have all been made.
Ok, well, we haven’t actually played a show yet, so there’s not much to say. It was fun driving through all the little tiny towns. So crumbly and interesting.
Ok, that’s it for now.
Ashlea.
No comments:
Post a Comment